Scampi with Garlic, Chilies and Nepitella
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp (12 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 hot red jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fennel fronds
- RADICCHIO TREVISO WITH GUANCIALE AND ROSEMARY
- 4 ounces Guanciale (Italian pork jowl bacon)
- 4 long Radicchio di Treviso
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Split shrimp in half lengthwise.
In a 12-inch to 14-inch saute pan, heat oil until smoking. Add shrimp, garlic and chilies and cook until shrimp have turned red on one side but garlic is still light brown. Add wine and extra virgin olive oil and turn shrimp over to cook 1 or more minute. Add mint and fennel and toss through. Pour in warm serving bowl and serve.
Chop guanciale into 1-inch batonettes and place into a cold pan over medium heat. Cook until fat is rendered, about 5 to 6 minutes, and add radicchio. Saute over high heat until wilted, add rosemary and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Serve hot or at room temperature.