- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp (12 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 hot red jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fennel fronds
Split shrimp in half lengthwise.
In a 12-inch to 14-inch saute pan, heat oil until smoking. Add shrimp, garlic and chilies and cook until shrimp have turned red on one side but garlic is still light brown. Add wine and extra virgin olive oil and turn shrimp over to cook 1 or more minute. Add mint and fennel and toss through. Pour in warm serving bowl and serve.