- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Soak raisins in a bowl with hot water. Drain
In a heavy-bottomed 4-quart saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat until almost smoking. Add the garlic and saute until lightly browned. Remove and discard the garlic. Add the breadcrumbs to the olive oil. Stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add raisins then turn off heat and set aside.
Bring 6-quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions, until the pasta is al dente. Drain well, reserving some of the cooking water. Return the saucepan to the stove over medium heat. Add the pasta, chives, parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss until all the ingredients are well combined and all of the pasta is coated with the breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.