Spaghetti with Crab and Jalapenos
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound Dungeness crabmeat
- 1 pound spaghettini (recommended: DeCecco brand)
Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 12 to 14-inch saute pan. Add garlic and saute until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add jalapenos and wine and bring to boil. Add crabmeat and remove from heat.
Add pasta to crab mixture and return to heat. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 45 seconds. Pour into a warm serving bowl and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali