Spaghetti with Swordfish and Hot Peppers
- 1 pound fresh swordfish, skin removed and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 red jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 8 overripe fresh plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 pound spaghetti or spaghettini
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fennel leaves
Season swordfish with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil, garlic and jalapenos and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, white wine and swordfish and simmer 5 to 6 minutes, until swordfish is just cooked. Add mint leaves and stir through. Remove from heat. Cook pasta according to package instructions until just al dente and drain. Pour hot pasta into pan with swordfish and stir to mix. Pour into warm serving dish, sprinkle with fennel and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.