Stuffed Neole: Neole Ripiene
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1/4 pound bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup anisette
- 1/4 cup very strong espresso
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and finely ground
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for garnish
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups dry white wine
- Pinch aniseeds
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk and add the sugar, oil, wine, and aniseed. Mix well, then gradually add the flour and mix and knead to form a smooth, soft dough. Roll out to the thickness of a finger, and cut into 1-inch lengths about the width of a finger.
Once the water is boiling, add the dough lengths to the water and boil until they are firm and white. Remove with a slotted spoon, pat dry and, before the lengths completely dry, stuff each piece of dough with some of the marmalade mixture using the pastry bag. Sprinkle with sugar and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.