Tacchino alla Bolognese (Turkey, Bologna Style)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 turkey cutlets, pounded thin by your butcher
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for shaving
- 1 white truffle, or black, very thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1/2 cup grated young pecorino toscano
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat until it foams and subsides. Place the turkey cutlets in the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side, until the flesh begins to turn white. Shave several curls of Parmigiano over each cutlet, then top each cutlet with truffle shavings, followed by a slice of prosciutto laid over the top. Sprinkle 1 or 2 tablespoons of the pecorino over the top of each. Cook over medium heat until the cheese begins to ooze out and the flesh is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Shave fresh truffle slices over. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.