Tagliolini Freddi per il Sabato
- 6 quarts water
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/4 pounds ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped to yield 1/8 cup, plus more for garnish
- 1 generous pinch chili flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for pasta
- 1 pound tagliatelle or other flat noodle pasta
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Bring 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil and add 2 teaspoons salt.
In a bowl, combine the garlic, anchovies, tomatoes, parsley, chili flakes, and the extra-virgin olive oil. Mix well.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions until just al dente and drain. Refresh in an ice bath until cool and drain well. Toss with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil to prevent sticking. Mix the cool pasta with the room temperature tomato sauce, pour the pasta into a serving dish, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and add Parmigiano-Reggiano, to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali