Tuna Bruschetta: Bruschetta con Tonno e Menta
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves chopped
- Fresh bread crumbs made from 1 slice white bread, crusts removed and torn into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pinch chili flakes
- 1 pound fresh tuna, large dice
- 12 (3/4-inch) slices Italian peasant bread, toasted
In a 12-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add the tuna and cook until white and just cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and tomatoes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add parsley.
Remove the garlic from the saute pan, and discard. Add the soaked bread to the pan. Season the mixture again with salt and pepper. Use a fork to gently mash the mixture.
Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with chili flakes. Place the mixture into a mixing bowl. Either spoon on the toasted breads and serve, or serve the mixture in the bowl, surrounded by the bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.