Veal Chop with Zucca
- Total Time:
- 50 min
- 20 min
- 30 min
- 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 salt-packed anchovy fillets, soaked in milk for 20 minutes, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in veal chops, from the center of the loin, about 3 pounds
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted fresh bread crumbs
In a 12 to 14 inch saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and anchovies and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion and garlic are softened and the anchovies have begun to break up. Turn the heat up to high and add the squash cubes. Toss over high heat for 5 minutes, or until the cubes are tender and browned at the edges. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
Season chops with salt and pepper. Brush the chops with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and place on the hottest part of the grill. Cook to medium rare, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Place a chop on each of four warmed dinner plates, pour the zucca mixture over, top with bread crumbs and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Mario Batali
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali
Grilled Veal Chops with Herb Cheese, Wild Mushroom-Tomato Bordelaise and Prosciutto-wrapped Asparagus
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse