Warm Salad of Steamed Salmon, Ceci and Sunflower Sprouts with a Fresh Tomato and Black Olive Vinaigrette
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (ceci), drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, sliced paper thin
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 1/4 cup
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch cubes, reserving all juices, discarding stems
- 2 tablespoons black olive paste, (Tapenade), recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pound salmon fillet, 1-inch thick, bones and scales removed, skin intact, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 ounces sunflower sprouts, seeds removed (if any)
Set up steamer by placing 2 inches water in large pan with cover and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, mix chickpeas with scallions, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper, tarragon leaves and 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and allow to stand. In a small bowl, mix plum tomatoes, olive paste, red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. Allow to stand 10 minutes before using. Place salmon pieces skin side up on steamer rack and place in steamer. Cover and steam 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare, more if desired. While fish is steaming, toss sunflower sprouts with ceci beans to dress. Check for seasoning with salt and divide among 4 plates. Remove hot salmon from steamer, place one piece on a plate, spoon 3 tablespoons vinaigrette around on each plate and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mess of Pease and Things (Purple Potato, Sugar Snap Pea, and Mint Salad), Warm Sesame Slaw Salad, Marinated Salmon Seared in a Pepper Crust with Cucumber Vinaigrette, Salad Dressing, Picnic Salad, Italian Meatball Recipes, Fruit Dessert, Osso Buco Recipes, Pasta Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.