Warm Scampi with Bottarga and Borlotti Salad
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced ginger
- 12 scampi or large prawns, peeled, leaving heads intact
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup borlotti beans, cooked and drained
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/2 cup radicchio, roughly chopped
- 1 (8-ounce piece) bottarga (preserved tuna roe)
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat oil until smoking. Add ginger and scampi and toss to coat. Cook 6 to 7 minutes, until golden brown yet still very tender and add the white wine. Meanwhile, place borlotti in a mixing bowl and add lemon juice, remaining oil, chili flakes and radicchio. Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix well. Arrange on four plates. Place 3 warm scampi on each plate and sprinkle with shaved bottarga. Sprinkle wit lemon zest and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.