Whole Roasted Fish with Celery, Lemon, and Orange
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (1 to 1 1/2 pound) whole fish, sea bream or sea bass, scaled and gutted, head and tail intact
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin, leaves reserved
- 1 small bunch each parsley, thyme, and oregano (or any other mix of herbs)
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 2 oranges, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Season the fish, inside and out, with salt and pepper. Stuff the celery leaves and herbs inside the cavity of the fish. Pour 4 tablespoons of the olive oil on the cookie sheet and cover with the celery, lemon, and orange slices, reserving 4 slices each of the fruit. Place the fish on top of the celery and sliced fruit and place the remaining slices of fruit on top of the fish. Pour the remaining olive oil and white wine over the fish. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.