Zingara (Pork Chops with Peppers and Capers)
- 6 pork chops, pounded thin by your butcher
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green sweet bell pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 5 bulb onions, cut into concentric rings, with the green tops sliced and reserved
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers with their brine
Season the pork with salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge the pork in the flour.
In a 14 to 16-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over high heat until smoking. Cook the pork in the olive oil until browned on both sides and remove to a plate. Add the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring with a wooden spoon to loosen the brown bits adhering to the bottom of the pan. Add the peppers, onions, olives, capers and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and place the pork chops into the pepper mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in the onion tops slices and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Seared Pork Chops with Grape Sauce, Chili Marinated Double-Cut Pork Chops, Hickory-Smoked Pork Chops with Braised Greens and Green Onion Rice Pilaf, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Eggplant, Pork Tenderloin Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.