Mashed Potato Croquettes with Cranberry Mayo
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespooons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped, bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 orange, juiced
Combine mashed potatoes, Parmesan, bacon, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper. Using 2 tablespoons or a small ice cream scoop form into balls then flatten slightly.
In a pie plate combine the other egg with milk. Set up a breading station with one plate of flour, then the egg mixture then the bread crumbs and panko. Place croquettes in flour, dip in egg then roll in breadcrumbs.
Heat canola oil to 360 degrees F and fry for about 4 minutes until browned on all sides. (You can also shallow fry these in a pan with about 1 inch of oil then flip them.)
Place on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.