Maui Onion Napolean with Orange Ginger Sauce
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups orange segments
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Asian fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- 12 (1/4-inch thick) Maui onion slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons sambal (hot chili paste)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 whole fresh basil leaves
- 12 (1/4-inch thick) slices vine ripe tomatoes
With each onion slice, rub 1 side with olive oil, thyme, and the Sambal. Grill the onion rings, bigger side down, turn and spread the goat cheese. Grill an additional 30 seconds longer. Continue to stack the onion and cheese, then basil, tomato, and basil again.
To serve, spread the sauce onto each plate or a large platter and place the onion napoleons on sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.