Mom's Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Juice of 1/2 orange (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), plus extra for greasing the pan, at room temperature
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Special equipment: 1 1/2-quart glass loaf pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix together the vanilla, eggs and orange juice in a measuring cup or small bowl. Cream the sugar and butter in a medium bowl until pale yellow and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the egg mixture and beat until creamy. Mix in the bananas until smooth. Pour the flour in 2 batches into the batter and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour, covering lightly with foil if the top gets too brown. Cool, remove from the pan and slice. Serve dusted with the confectioners' sugar
Thank you! your flag was submitted.