Melon, Arugula, and Serrano Ham with Smoked Paprika Dressing
- For dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons mild extra-virgin olive oil
- For salad:
- 2 cups 1-inch pieces cantaloupe flesh
- 2 cups 1-inch pieces honeydew flesh
- 2 large bunches arugula (3/4 pound), coarse stems discarded
- 4 ounces thinly sliced serrano ham, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips
To make dressing: Whisk together lime juice, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well blended.
To make salad: Toss cantaloupe and honeydew with half of dressing in a bowl. Decoratively arrange the arugula on a platter and then add the melon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste an drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Cook's note: It is important that the ham not be sliced as thinly as prosciutto usually is. Slightly thicker ham is easier to cut into strips and will stay separated in a salad instead of clumping together.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.