Italian Relish Tray
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound salami, sliced
- 1 can pitted black olives, drained
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) baby kosher dill pickles, drained
- 1 jar pickled onions, drained
- 2 jars (6.5 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 jar (7.5 ounces) pepperoncini
- 1 tin (2 ounces) anchovies with capers
- 1 box artisan crackers or loaf of Italian bread
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil. sherry vinegar, chili powder and parsley and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Slice fennel into wedges and wash cherry tomatoes. Roll salami slices into batons.
Drain all jarred ingredients well. Arrange all items as desired on a large platter. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature with bread and/or crackers.
Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello