- 8 ounces slab bacon, cut into lardons
- 3 tablespoons duck fat or lard
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 fresno chiles, seeded and sliced
- 1 pound hardy greens, such as Swiss chard, collards, rapini, or beet greens, stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
Heat a 6-quart casserole over medium heat. Add the bacon and duck fat and cook for five minutes to render the fat from the bacon. Add the garlic, shallot, and chiles and cook until softened but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the greens, reduce the heat to low, add the vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Cook the greens down until they're tender, about 1 hour. Drizzle with the honey and mix well.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.