- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 large scallion, white and green parts sliced thinly on the bias
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Canola oil for frying
- Greek yogurt
- Picked dill, to garnish
- Additional lemon zest, to garnish
Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a grater onto a clean kitchen towel. Sprinkle with the salt. Let stand while you prepare the other ingredients. Wring as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible, discarding liquid.
Heat enough canola oil in a pan over medium high heat to come halfway up the sides of the fritters. Form fritters, using 1/4 cup measure, and place gently into the hot oil. Fry, turning once, until the fritters are golden brown on each side, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels for a minute. Plate and garnish with a dollop of Greek yogurt, the picked dill and lemon zest.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.