- 2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 12 cups cubed brioche bread
- 1/4 teaspoon ras el hanout (Moroccan spice blend)
- 1 cup low-sodium turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Heat 2 sticks butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, shallots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes.
Transfer the onion mixture to a large bowl. Add the pine nuts, raisins, pomegranate seeds, bread cubes and ras el hanout and mix with a wooden spoon. Combine the turkey broth and poultry seasoning in another bowl. In a third bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add the turkey broth mixture and the egg mixture to the bowl with the bread cubes and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, cover with foil and bake until slightly set, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top is browned, about 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with the chives, lemon zest and lemon juice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.