Buffalo Mexican Shrimp Skewers
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Carrot sticks, for dunking
- Celery sticks, for dunking
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Special equipment: skewers
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
In a medium saucepan add the butter, hot sauce and chili powder over medium-high heat. Once the butter melts, add the garlic and vinegar, and saute until it sizzles and is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce for a later use.
Stick 3 shrimp on each skewer. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, basting with the sauce the last few minutes of grilling.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis