Buffalo Mexican Shrimp Skewers
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Carrot sticks, for dunking
- Celery sticks, for dunking
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
Special equipment: skewers
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
In a medium saucepan add the butter, hot sauce and chili powder over medium-high heat. Once the butter melts, add the garlic and vinegar, and saute until it sizzles and is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce for a later use.
Stick 3 shrimp on each skewer. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, basting with the sauce the last few minutes of grilling.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay