- 1/2 leftover 9-inch cheesecake, chilled
- 8 ounces chocolate candy melts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chocolate-covered peanut butter candy, such as Reese's Pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candy-coated chocolate, such as M and Ms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup crushed toffee brickle
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Special equipment: lollipop sticks
Use a small cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon to make balls out of the leftover cheesecake. After you scoop out the balls, roll them in your hands to make the rounds neater. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and insert a lollipop stick in the top of each. Squeeze the cheesecake around the base of each lollipop stick to ensure it will stay put. Pop into the freezer for 1 full hour.
Set up a double boiler by bringing a medium saucepan of water to a simmer. Place a small bowl over the top, making sure the bottom doesn't touch the water. Add the candy melts to the bowl and stir until smooth and melted. Stir in the vegetable oil until smooth.
Quickly dip the cheesecake balls into the melted chocolate and twirl to coat. You may need a knife to help cover the balls. Sprinkle the cheesecake balls before the chocolate dries with your choice of chopped candy, peanuts or toffee brickle and place back on the baking sheet. Refrigerate to set up, about 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller