Oyster Rocks at the Rib
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh steamed spinach, drained
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 dozen fresh raw oysters
- 6 large slices ripe red tomato, quartered
- 6 large slices provolone cheese, quartered
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine the spinach, onion, Parmesan, cayenne pepper, black pepper, white wine and melted butter. Shuck oysters and leave them on the half shell. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the spinach mixture and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top then with a slice of tomato and cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
Transfer the oysters to a serving platter and serve with a wedge of lemon and a good hot sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Dale Stephenson, owner of Whale's Rib in Deerfield Beach, FL.