Fried Dill Pickles
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch cayenne
- Splash pickle juice
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped dill
- 1 jar whole dill pickles, sliced into spears
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat your deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
Into an 8 by 8-inch casserole dish, beat together milk, egg, cayenne, and a splash of the pickle juice.
Thoroughly dry the pickles with paper towels. Dredge first through the wet, then the dry ingredients. Gently place pickles into the deep-fryer in batches and fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray and immediately season with salt.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys