- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Quick-Fix Honey Yogurt, recipe follows
- Fresh blueberries, for serving
- Sliced fresh strawberries, for serving
- Quick-Fix Honey Yogurt:
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Arrange the racks in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Toss the oats, coconut chips, apricots and pecans in a large bowl. Whisk together the brown sugar, canola oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a second bowl and drizzle over the oat mixture. Stir well so everything is evenly coated. Use your hands to toss and make sure every piece of oat is covered.
Spread the mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and brown, 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet tray halfway through baking and stirring the granola with a spoon so it will cook evenly. Remove from the oven and add to a large bowl so it will stop cooking. Let cool before serving.
Serve over a bowl of Quick Fix Honey Yogurt and top with berries.Quick-Fix Honey Yogurt:
Combine the yogurt, honey, and cinnamon in a bowl.
Yields: 2 1/4 cups
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys