Pepper Crusted Rack of Lamb With Plum Chutney
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched
- 1/4 cup store-bought mint jelly
- 2 Tbs. coarse ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1/2 cup small diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 plums, pitted and very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried plums, chopped
- 1 Tbs. packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. cup red wine vinegar
LAMB: Preheat grill or oven to 375F. Rub each rack all over with olive oil. Brush or spread meat side of each rack with mint jelly and season on top of that with salt and pepper. Transfer racks to hot grill, pepper side down. Grill with lid closed about 8 minutes, then turn 90 degrees and grill another 8-10 minutes until desired doneness.
CHUTNEY: Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery and saute until soft. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often, until thick.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.