The star of this turkey chili recipe is plump, tender GOYA® Low Sodium Red Kidney Beans. Mix with quick-cooking ground turkey, tomato sauce, and smoky, GOYA® Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce. In just 30 minutes, you'll have a mouthwatering pot of healthy, nourishing chili that tastes like it's been simmering for hours. Top with cheese, avocado, and cilantro for heaven in a bowl.
- 2 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic, or 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 11/2 tsp. ground cumin
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) GOYA® Low Sodium Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 1 chipotle chile, finely chopped from 1 can (7 oz.) GOYA® Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in medium pot over medium heat. Stir in peppers, onions and garlic; cook until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add turkey, cumin and Adobo. Cook, breaking up turkey with spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, 1 cup water and chipotle; bring liquid to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer until chili thickens and flavors come together, about 10 minutes. Season with Adobo.
3. Divide chili among serving bowls. Top with cheese, avocado and cilantro.