- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds frozen collard greens, thawed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Seasoned salt (recommended: Lawry's)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
Add the onions, garlic and olive oil to a medium skillet and saute until the onions are translucent. Stir in the collard greens, along with the rest of the ingredients, except for the chopped tomatoes, which should be added few minutes before serving. Simmer the collard mixture for 15 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.