Acadian-Style Crab Salad on Croissants
- 2 (6-ounce) tubs fresh lump crab (1 pound 300 count shrimp may be substituted)
- 2 ribs celery from the heart, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped or grated with a hand grater
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce, eyeball the amount
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Bibb or leaf lettuce, 4 leaves
- 4 large croissants, split lengthwise
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Run your fingers through the crab meat to remove any bits of shell. In a bowl, combine the celery, onion, mayo, chili, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Add the crab meat to the bowl and mix with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste. Pile salad on lettuce leaves in croissants. Cut each croissant in thirds on angles, following the shape of the pastry. Arrange sandwiches on a plate and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray