Artichoke and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 large (2 1/2 to 3 inches wide) white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans sliced or quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
- Pinch dried thyme
- Handful grated Parmesan
- Handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tub shredded Asiago cheese, 8 ounces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place mushrooms in a large plastic food storage bag. Drizzle in just enough extra-virgin olive oil to coat about 1/4 cup should do it. Shake the mushrooms to coat and scatter out onto a cookie sheet. Roast 10 minutes, round-side-up. Season with salt and pepper and flip over. Toss drained quartered artichokes with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, nutmeg, thyme, grated cheese, and parsley. Generously fill the mushroom caps, mounding the filling up. Top the artichokes with shredded Asiago cheese and return to oven. Cook mushrooms 5 minutes more to melt cheese and set filling. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray