Balsamic Chicken Cutlet over Spinach Salad with Mushrooms, Bacon and Warm Shallot Dressing
- For 4 servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets (sometimes marked "thin cut")
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, enough to just coat the breast slices
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, just eyeball it
- Grill seasoning blend, or coarse salt and pepper
- 4 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- Spinach Salad:
- 1 pound center cut bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh spinach leaves, trimmed and cleaned
- 8 gourmet white stuffing mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball the amount, plus 1 tablespoons
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 rounded spoonfuls Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Individual portion:
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 2 splashes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, eyeball the amount
- Grill seasoning, such as Montreal Seasoning by McCormick, or, coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stem and finely chopped
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 1/4 pound fresh spinach, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 gourmet white stuffing mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 /4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, just eyeball it
- 1 rounded spoonful Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Coat chicken with balsamic, oil, seasoning and rosemary and set aside. In a skillet, add chopped bacon, work in 2 batches if preparing salad for 4. Brown bacon over medium high heat, then transfer the bits to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Using center cut bacon will cut down on the pan drippings that spatter.
Wipe out the bacon pan and return to stove turning heat back to medium low. Add 1 tablespoon oil for your dressing and shallots and reduce heat to medium. Saute shallots for 3 minutes. Remove oil and shallots from heat.
In a bowl, combine mustard and balsamic vinegar. Stream in 2/3 cup oil slowly while whisking the dressing to emulsify it. Add warm shallots and toss with spinach salad to coat evenly. Add cooked bacon and toss again.
Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken cutlets, 4 minutes on each side, in a single layer. Slice breasts on an angle on your cutting board once they are all out of the pan. Pile spinach salad on to dinner plate/plates. Top each salad with 2 sliced chicken cutlet pieces. For individual portion follow the above method.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spinach, Pear and Chicken Salad, Warm Chopped Chicken Picatta Spinach Salad, Grilled Tandoori-Spiced Chicken over Green Papaya Salad, Mushroom Soup Recipes, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Easy Snack, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.