- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin or vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, parsley or cilantro leaves, for garnish
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and peppers and saute 5 minutes. Add beans and corn and season with salt and pepper. When corn heats through, add barbecue sauce. Stir to combine and serve succotash with chopped chives, parsley or cilantro to garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.