Big Blue Burgers
- 1 1/3 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- A handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 shallot or boiling onion, minced
- 1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Steak seasoning, or, coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Vine ripe tomato slices
- Blue cheese dressing (homemade or store bought)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Combine first 4 ingredients and divide meat into 4 equal amounts. When forming each patty, nestle a pile of blue cheese crumbles into the center of the meat, and gently form patty around cheese.
Brush or drizzle burgers with extra-virgin olive oil and grill on indoor electric grill preheated to high for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. On an outdoor grill, cook 6 minutes on each side 6 inches from hot coals or over medium high gas flame with the grill lid closed. For preparation with no additional oil, broil 4 inches from broiler 7 minutes on each side.
Serve burgers on split rolls with lettuce, tomato, and blue cheese dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray