- 8 cups arugula
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- A small chunk Parmigiano, 1/3 pound minimum
- 1 pound bresaola (cured beef, like prosciutto) available at deli counter
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- A handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup caper berries, drained
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling (look for 6 plus years of age, widely available in many markets)
Place arugula in a bowl and dress with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and salt. Divide the arugula among dinner plates or place on a serving platter and mound the greens up. Use a vegetable peeler to shred some cheese on top of the arugula. Arrange the meat in a thin layer all around the plate, draping it over the arugula. The plates or platter should look like a mound of beef. Thinly slice the artichokes, finely chop rosemary and parsley and slice the caper berries. Decoratively arrange the artichokes, chopped herbs and capers all over the meat. Drizzle the completed salad with aged balsamic vinegar and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.