- 2 teaspoons vegetable or olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika, eyeball it in your palm
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning) or salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 deli slices Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise, eyeball it
- 3 rounded tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon leaves, 4 sprigs
- 4 kaiser rolls or sandwich size sour dough English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1 vine ripe tomato, thinly sliced
Preheat grill pan, nonstick griddle, large nonstick skillet or table top electric grill to medium high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons of oil and Canadian bacon. Warm bacon and caramelize it at edges, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a piece of foil. Fold foil over loosely to keep warm.
Combine chicken, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, shallot. Score meat with the side of your hand to separate into 4 equal amounts. Make 4 large patties, 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Drizzle patties with oil and place on hot grill pan, griddle or in skillet. Cook 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked through.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, tarragon. Slather bun tops or English tops with sauce. Place Cordon Bleu burgers on bun bottoms and top with lettuce and tomato. Put bun or muffin tops in place. Serve with oven fries.