Chicken Satay Salad Sammies
- 1 1/2 pounds thin cut chicken breast meat (cutlets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Grill seasoning (recommended: Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick) or coarse salt and pepper
- 3 rounded tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce, Tamari, eyeball it
- 1/4 cup apple juice, eyeball it
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise then cut into sticks
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, iceberg or hearts of romaine
- 4 crusty rolls, keisers or subs, split
Heat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet to medium high to high heat. Coat chicken in oil and grill seasoning and cook 3 minutes on each side in 2 batches. Pile up meat and shred it with a sharp knife.
Place peanut butter in a medium, microwave safe bowl and soften in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Whisk soy, apple juice, hot sauce and lime juice into peanut butter. Toss chicken with satay sauce. Combine shredded veggies. Place 1/4 of veggies on sandwich bottoms and top with 1/4 satay chicken mixture. Set the bun tops in place and serve or wrap for travel.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray