- A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 box corn muffin mix plus ingredients according to package directions to make 1 batch muffins
- 1 rounded teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/3 pound brick sharp yellow Cheddar, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
Preheat oven to muffin mix package directions.
Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil into a small skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add bacon to hot pan and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
Prepare the muffin mix and muffin tin to package directions. Stir in paprika, chives, chopped cheese and crisp bacon bits. Fill muffin tins and bake until golden brown.