Cranberry Bog Turkey Burgers, served with Corn on the Cob with Chive Butter
- Bog Burgers:
- 1 1/3 pounds (the average weight of one package from meat case) ground turkey breast
- 1 small McIntosh apple, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery from heart of the stalk, finely chopped
- 1 rounded teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 4 sandwich size sourdough English muffins
- 1 cup prepared whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise
- 8 leaves Bibb lettuce, cleaned
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 20 blades fresh chives, finely chopped
Combine turkey, apple, onion, celery, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl and form into 4 large patties. Preheat a large skillet or a grill pan to medium high heat. Drizzle skillet or brush grill with vegetable oil and cook patties 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Toast split English muffins. Mix together cranberry sauce and mayonnaise. Spread muffin halves with cran-mayonnaise and pile in burgers and Bibb lettuce. Serve burgers with corn on the cob and berry desserts.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and corn and cook for 5 to 6 minute. Drain ears and spread with butter. Sprinkle ears with a generous coating of chopped chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.