Crispy Curry Cutlet Sandwiches on Naan Bread
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb or turkey
- 1 box chopped organic frozen spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- About 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, about 3 tablespoons finely chopped and a fat handful coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plus some for topping cutlets
- 2 round tablespoons garam masala, 2 palmfuls, or other curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 vine tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 Naan breads
Combine the lamb with the spinach, 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint, yogurt, garam masala, salt, pepper and garlic. Place about one-sixth of the mixture on a piece of wax or parchment paper and place another sheet on top. Roll out the meat into a thin free-form cutlet no more than 1/2-inch thick. Repeat for the remaining meat.
Combine the remaining mint with tomatoes, onions and some salt and pepper.
Heat the griddle to medium-high heat. Drizzle with some olive oil to lightly coat. Cook the patties until golden on each side, 6 to 8 minutes. Wipe the griddle and add a splash of water then add the naan bread, a few at a time, and cook until crispy and blistered on each side. Halve the naan across. Serve the patties on half a naan topped with some tomato salad and a dollop of yogurt, set another half of naan on top to complete your sandwich.
Get Rachael's shopping list for this episode here.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica