Crispy Curry Cutlet Sandwiches on Naan Bread
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb or turkey
- 1 box chopped organic frozen spinach, defrosted and wrung dry
- About 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, about 3 tablespoons finely chopped and a fat handful coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plus some for topping cutlets
- 2 round tablespoons garam masala, 2 palmfuls, or other curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 vine tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 Naan breads
Combine the lamb with the spinach, 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint, yogurt, garam masala, salt, pepper and garlic. Place about one-sixth of the mixture on a piece of wax or parchment paper and place another sheet on top. Roll out the meat into a thin free-form cutlet no more than 1/2-inch thick. Repeat for the remaining meat.
Combine the remaining mint with tomatoes, onions and some salt and pepper.
Heat the griddle to medium-high heat. Drizzle with some olive oil to lightly coat. Cook the patties until golden on each side, 6 to 8 minutes. Wipe the griddle and add a splash of water then add the naan bread, a few at a time, and cook until crispy and blistered on each side. Halve the naan across. Serve the patties on half a naan topped with some tomato salad and a dollop of yogurt, set another half of naan on top to complete your sandwich.
Get Rachael's shopping list for this episode here.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mini Open Faced Steak Sandwiches on Garlic Bread with Aged Provolone and Parsley Oil, Corn Flakes® Encrusted Pork Cutlet Sandwich on a Buttermilk Biscuit, Homemade Chocolate Chip Sandwich Bread, Easy Dinner, Dinner Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.