Earthy Portobello Salad with Prosciutto
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced but not shaved
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 6 ribs celery from heart with leafy tops, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
TIDBIT - larger markets carry very tiny bottles of truffle oil. It makes a very tasty drizzle over the top of this salad.
Heat broiler. Arrange the prosciutto on foil covered baking sheet and broil to make crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve.
Arrange the thinly sliced vegetables on a platter with parsley and arugula. Dress the salad with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and salt and pepper. Drizzle with truffle oil, optional. Break up the crispy prosciutto and scatter over the salad. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller