- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped dandelion tops
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- 2 cups farm spinach (sold in small bundles)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated fresh nutmeg, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
In a cold skillet add the extra-virgin olive oil to coat the pan with a thin even layer. Add the sliced garlic and put the skillet over medium-low heat. Let the garlic bubble in the oil and lightly brown. Remove with slotted spoon to a small bowl and reserve.
Turn the heat up a bit and add the dandelion and escarole. Cook until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spinach and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste. Saute until tender, about 2 minutes more. Douse with lemon juice, transfer to a serving bowl and serve with the garlic chips on top.