- 4 medium to large Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices smoky bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Parboil potatoes for 4 minutes in a large pot over medium heat, or pierce with fork and microwave for 6 minutes. When ready, cut into 8 wedges each and sprinkle with vinegar.
In large skillet, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels and reserve. Toss potatoes in the bacon drippings and season with sugar, and salt and pepper. Scatter onto a baking sheet and roast, in the preheated oven, until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and toss with the parsley and the reserved bacon.