- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 rounded teaspoon cumin
- A handful cilantro, finely chopped, about 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, canola, or corn oil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning blend or coarse salt and pepper
- Five Vegetable Slaw Salad, recipe follows
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sliced avocado
- 1 cup prepared salsa verde
- 4 crusty rolls, split
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Coat chicken in dressing and set aside for 10 minutes.
Grill chicken on an indoor electric grill 6 to 7 minutes on each side or pan fry over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet uncovered 6 minutes per side.
Slice chicken breasts on an angle and pile meat roll bottoms. Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion and sliced avocado. Spread salsa on roll tops as a condiment. Serve sandwiches with Five Vegetable Slaw Salad and assorted tortilla chips.
Five Vegetable Slaw Salad:
- 1 pound packaged shredded cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut across into thin slices
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut across into thin slices
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle (greens and whites)
- 1/2 European seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 /4 cup (3 healthy drizzles) honey
- 3 tablespoons (a couple of glugs) vegetable or light colored oil
- Salt and pepper
Combine vegetables in a bowl. In another small bowl, whisk lime juice and honey, and drizzle in oil to combine dressing. Pour dressing over slaw and season with salt and pepper, to taste.