Herb and Goat Cheese Toasts
- For 4 servings:
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 12 blades fresh chives
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stem
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, 2 handfuls of leaves
- Coarse black pepper
- Individual portion:
- 1 crusty roll, sliced thin on an angle
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, 2 buttons
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 3 blades chives
- 1/2 a sprig of rosemary, stripped
Arrange sliced baguette or sliced crusty roll rounds on a cookie sheet or broiler pan. Toast under hot broiler until lightly golden on each side. Remove toasts from broiler and arrange on a serving plate. Remove goat cheese log or buttons from packaging and set on cutting board. Chop and combine fresh chives, rosemary and parsley. Add coarse black pepper to the herb mixture. Roll goat cheese in the herbs to coat evenly. Set goat cheese alongside toasts. Using a spreader or butter knife, spread herbed cheese on warm toasts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.