- 6 (6-inch) pitas
- 1/2 pint container store bought plain hummus
- 1/2 cup prepared olive tapenade
- 3 cups shredded provolone or mozzarella or a combination of the 2
- 6 anchovies, chopped, optional
- 3 whole roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, 6 hearts, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini, chopped, optional
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange the pitas on baking sheets or sheets. In a bowl combine the hummus and the olive tapanade. Spread the hummus on pitas and top with cheese, like pizza. Combine the chopped anchovies, peppers, artichokes, and pepperoncini. Cover the pizzas with the chopped mixture. Bake 10 to 12 minutes to melt cheese and crisp the pitas. Cut pizzas into wedges and garnish with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray