Lemony Sweet and Sour Tender Veggie Salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed green beans
- 1/2 pound match-stick style shredded carrots
- 5 ribs celery, thinly sliced on a long basis
- 20 leaves fresh basil, roughly chopped or torn with your hands
Place a large skillet over high heat with 2 inches of water. Cover with a lid and bring up to a boil. While the water starts working make the dressing.
In the bottom of a salad bowl combine the honey, lemon juice and zest, add a little salt and pepper. Pour in the extra-virgin olive oil in a slow steady stream while whisking. Reserve the dressing. Once the water has come up to a boil, add a little salt and all the veggies, stir them around in the water, count to 20 then drain thoroughly, add the hot veggies to the dressing in the bowl and toss to combine, let the veggies cool in the dressing. Once cooled add the basil, re-season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.