Macho Gazpacho Vegetable Chunk Salad
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, also known as English cucumber
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 red onion, peeled
- 4 ribs celery from the heart, including leafy tops
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lime or 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce, for mild to medium-hot heat level (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball the amount
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion and celery into bite-sized chunks. Combine vegetable in a bowl. Sprinkle cilantro or parsley over the vegetables. Combine vinegar, lime or lemon juice and hot sauce in a small bowl. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Pour dressing down over the salad and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.