Open Wide! Tur-Chicken Club Burgers
- 8 slices good quality bacon
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoons paprika or smoked sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, 2/3 palm full
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, a palm full
- A handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons, finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon, finely chopped dill
- Salt and pepper
- 4 crusty whole-wheat Keiser rolls
- 12 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 8 slices avocado
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Bake bacon on slotted broiler pan until crisp 15 to 20 minutes.
Combine meat with paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, parsley and shallots. Mix well and form into 4 (1/2 pound) patties. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook meat patties 14 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Split and toast rolls. Place burgers on bun bottoms and top with 2 slices bacon, lettuce, season tomatoes and set in place, arrange avocado on top of tomatoes. Top bun tops with buttermilk dressing and set in place.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay